Keeping your house clean and tidy throughout the week can feel like a major challenge, particularly when you’re hustling from 9 to 5 and trying to raise kids at the same time. Although you may not have an hour to dedicate towards cleaning each day, adopting a few daily cleaning habits can really make all the difference for your home environment.
These little cleaning rituals don’t have to be complicated or time-intensive, either: In fact, we’ve come up with 5 simple hacks that can help working moms create an efficient cleaning schedule. When combined with regular cleaning services from your local experts at Merry Maids®, you’ll be well on your way to keeping a healthy and happy haven all week.
Here are 5 of our best hacks for maintaining your clean through weekdays:
1. Begin each day by making the bed. There’s nothing like diving into crisp, tucked sheets at the end of a long and stressful day. Because it only takes a few minutes, making the bed first thing in the morning can give you a feeling of peace and productivity, without requiring much effort.
2. Wipe down your counters regularly. It’s amazing how many little messes can accumulate on our countertops — and the effect continues to snowball with each new spill. To combat this problem, keep a simple cleaning spray next to your countertops, and give them a quick once-over with a microfiber cloth after you’re finished.
3. Take care of the mail. Over time, daily trips to the mailbox can lead to a mountain of paper on your table or counter. By sorting the mail into dedicated bins and folders after every trip, you’ll cut down on clutter, and keep important documents close at hand.
4. Keep dishes in the dishwasher or cabinets. Leaving dishes in the sink can make your home look (and smell) less clean than it actually is. When you commit to putting away the clean dishes each morning and putting dirty dishes into the washer after you eat, your kitchen will feel clean and well-ordered.
5. Do a 10-minute cleaning check when you get home. Once you get home from work or picking the kids up, the last thing on your mind may be cleaning. But while you’re still up, take no more than 10 minutes to assess your home and put away any errant items. Then the evening will be yours!
Although developing these daily cleaning habits can go a long way to maintaining your home, there’s nothing like a detailed clean to get rid of grime and bacteria. Offering a worry-free guarantee and time-tested cleaning techniques, you can count on the housekeeping professionals at Merry Maids® to tackle the house cleaning for you — leaving you to enjoy a more pristine environment during the week.
Ready to get started? Call (888) 490-4227 to schedule your next house cleaning service!